Indoor Play Centre Closure
Dear Valued Atlantis Patrons and Families,
We are today announcing our decision to close our Indoor Play Centre indefinitely to the General Public and cease trading as of Sunday 30 June 2019.
This decision has not been made lightly, as we recognise it represents a monumental change to the way in which we currently do business; and for the local community who have kindly supported our Play Centre from it’s opening, until now. We would like to take this opportunity to inform you of where this decision has come from and what it means for the Play Centre space moving forward.
At the time of construction in 2015, there was an identified shortage of Children’s Entertainment facilities in the Northern Suburbs. We saw a need for quality children’s entertainment and so invested in the local community and built our Indoor Play Centre. We believe this demand has now been adequately met, with the construction of several new facilities over the past couple of years, a very positive thing for the community in the provision of variety and choice for families. Knowing the Northern Corridor’s needs in regards to Children’s entertainment are now adequately satisfied has made this decision much easier for us as a family-centric company.
This change for The Atlantis Group marks a positive move for us back towards what it is we do best, and that is being Early Childhood Education and Care specialists, focused on the provision of exemplary Childcare and Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) for our Atlantis families. This is the primary focus of our business and we want to ensure that all available energy and resources are therefore channelled towards this.
Upon closing on Sunday 30 June, the Indoor Play Centre will undergo extensive renovations in and around the existing play structure, to create a one-of-a-kind facility for our Atlantis Families. This facility will be available for the exclusive use of our Childcare and OSHC services. It will enable us to refocus and provide genuine and unprecedented value to the children in our care.
It would be remiss of us to not acknowledge the incredible support that has been shown for our Indoor Play Centre by the general community and the families of the Northern Corridor. We are incredibly grateful to each and every one of you and feel honoured to have shared in the creation of your family’s memories and to have helped celebrate important milestones such as your children’s birthdays. These will not be forgotten and will forever be cherished.
If you are one of our families that had a Birthday Party booking, Atlantis Membership or Visitor Passes, we will be in contact with you directly over the next few days. We understand this announcement will likely generate disappointment and want to communicate with you personally in regards to this and any refunds you are due. If you would like to speak to someone immediately, please contact our Family Liaison Officer, Kelly on 0499 933 106 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whilst we acknowledge for many in the general community this closure may be disappointing and inconvenient, we want to assure you it was not made lightly; and was based purely off the direct value and benefit we have seen our Atlantis Children experience during our current days of closure on Monday and Tuesdays. It is for this reason that we are renovating the space to create a state-of-the-art facility to be utilised daily by the children in our care.
Current plans for our new facility include:
- Atelier Space: our new art room will include large easels for painting and drawing, potting wheels, kiln and various breakaway art spaces for different mediums and freedom of expression.
- Dining Area: where children will be able to share meals with other children to build on social skills and encourage peer imitation for eating preferences. Children will be able to serve themselves from a variety of nutritious options and choose where they sit to share their meal.
- Food Education Area: our commercial kitchen will remain adjacent to the dining area to allow children to engage with our Food Coordinator and learn about whole ingredients. We will conduct regular child-centric cooking classes and tactile food experiences within the commercial kitchen to encourage better eating choices.
- Nature Play Area: a brand new nature play area will be established to allow a connection to the physical world. Natural and raw materials will be enlisted to allow freedom of movement and imagination. The existing Go Kart track will remain alongside for bikes and scooters. Our Nature Play area will also feature life-imitation elements to allow for imaginative, social and creative play.
- Music Room: our music room will allow the incredible connection between sound and self expression as children are encouraged to engage with a variety of instruments and sound mediums. Music provides a wonderful opportunity for children to communicate and connect, which will form the focus of this learning area.
- Open Plan Learning Experiences: our existing activity area will be turned into an open plan area for a variety of learning experiences to allow for child-led interest and learning. Our Educators will operate a Small Group Philosophy to allow for breakaway groups to engage in a more intimate learning experience.
- Library: we will be creating our very own Atlantis Library, filled with all the books and resources young minds could desire. From classics like Enid Blyton and Roald Dahl to the more popular books of the current decade, we will have something to open the imaginations of children, assist with early literacy programming and develop a lifelong love of reading in those who are interested. This area will also provide a quiet space for those children who seek less sensory input and prefer to be in a less stimulating environment for periods of time.
- Secure outdoor play areas: new and exciting outdoor play areas will be made available through the repurposing of space to allow for vegetable gardens and other sustainable and environmental teachings.
This incredible space will be for the exclusive use of our Atlantis Childcare (6-weeks to 5-years) and Outside School Hours Care (5-12 years). We believe the incredible learning opportunities provided by this space for the children in our care will be unprecedented. It will become the first Early Childhood specialist learning facility of its kind in Perth, which we are projecting will be complete in early 2020 if not before. If you would like more information on our Childcare or OSHC services, please visit our website or contact us on 9407 9911.
We would like to once again take this opportunity to thank each and every one of the families that have visited our Indoor Play Centre and for the memories made. The Indoor Play Centre has brought joy to many over the past few years and it is not without acknowledgement of this that we close its doors on June 30.
We look forward to sharing this next exciting chapter of The Atlantis Group with our Atlantis Families and thank you for your time, attention and understanding in regards to this announcement.
The Atlantis Group